About the Surgeon
Dr. Arul D. Furtado is a consultant Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon working at Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore.
He did his training in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery at Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum.
He is a highly productive surgeon researcher who is interested in minimal access therapies for cardiac disease and is part of the group at Apollo Hospitals that offers minimal access multi-vessel coronary artery bypass and valve replacement surgery. His other areas of interest include transcatheter therapies for valve disease (TAVR), endovascular and hybrid therapies for aortic aneurysms. Towards the same he attained training in TAVR and therapy for Aortic Disease during his Fellowship in Emory University, Atlanta, USA which performs a high number of such procedures and is considered a pioneer in the field.
- MBBS – Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- Post-graduate training:
- MS – General Surgery, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- DNB – General Surgery
- MCh – Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery. Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
- DNB – Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Adult Cardiac Surgery – Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- Adult Cardiac Surgery and Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery – Emory University, Atlanta, USA.
- Percutaneous aortic valve surgery
- Minimally invasive aortic valve surgery
- Minimally invasive mitral valve repair and replacement
- Aortic aneurysm surgery
- Atrial fibrillation surgery
- Coronary artery bypass – total arterial
- Heart failure surgery
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery
- European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Asian Society for Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular-Thoracic Surgeons
- Association of Surgeons of India