About The Surgeon
Dr. Arul D. Furtado is a consultant Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon working at Aster Hospitals, Bangalore.
He did his training in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery at Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum.
He is a surgeon-researcher who is interested in minimal access therapies for cardiac disease and is part of the group at Aster Hospitals that offers minimal access coronary artery bypass and valve replacement surgery. His other fields of expertise include robotic cardiac surgery.
His other areas of interest include transcatheter therapies for valve disease (TAVR), endovascular and hybrid therapies for aortic aneurysms. Towards the same he attained training in TAVR and therapy for Aortic Disease during his Fellowship in Emory University, Atlanta, USA which performs a high number of such procedures and is considered a pioneer in the field.
- Minimally Invasive Coronary Artery Bypass - MICS CABG
- Multiple Arterial and Total Arterial CABG
- Minimally invasive aortic valve surgery
- Minimally invasive mitral valve repair and replacement
- Robotic Heart Surgery
- Aortic aneurysm surgery - Conventional and Endovascular
- Atrial fibrillation surgery
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation -TAVR/ TAVI
- Heart failure surgery
About the Surgeon
- MBBS – Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- Post-graduate training:
- MS – General Surgery, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- DNB – General Surgery
- MCh – Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery. Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
- DNB – Cardiothoracic Surgery
- FRCS (CTh) – England
- Adult Cardiac Surgery – Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- Adult Cardiac Surgery and Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery – Emory University, Atlanta, USA.
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery
- European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Asian Society for Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular-Thoracic Surgeons
- Association of Surgeons of India
Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research: 2009-2012
Fellowship in Adult Cardiac Surgery – Brigham and Women’s Hospital (Harvard Medical School Affiliate), Boston: 2012-2013
Fellowship in Adult Cardiac Surgery and Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery – Emory University, Atlanta: 2013-2015
Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgery: Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore: 2015-2022